Car rental in Tirgu Mures
Even though it’s not very popular among tourists, Tirgu Mures is an incredible city. Romantic, quiet and very clean, you’ll never forget your visit here, especially for the historical buildings, museums and welcoming coffee-shops and restaurants. Either you start your journey from here or you’re already on the road discovering Transylvania, take your time and explore Tirgu Mures.
The best way to visit the city and the wonderful surroundings of Transylvania is by car. The roads are good and the scenery is simply breathtaking so don’t hesitate to rent a car in Tirgu Mures. Visit Budget Rent a Car Office in Tirgu Mures International Airport and get the best price for different types of cars.
Tourist attractions in Tirgu Mures
- The Prefecture – located in Victoria’s Square, it houses the perfecture and the Mures County council and has a tower of 60 meters high. This is probably the first building you’ll notice in the city center. Its architects were the founders of an Art Nouveau trend in Transylvania at the begining of the 20th century.
- The Orthodox Cathedral – also called Ascension of the Lord, is located in the Roses’ Square (Piata Trandafirilor).
- Apollo Palace (Palatal Apollo) - initially decorated in the late Baroque, its façade was modified in the 20th century, the only remaining Baroque elements are the vaults with double arcs. The palace served as the place of shows and balls at the beginning of the century only to be sold in 1923. Redecorated, today the building hosts the local Art School.
- Palffy House - the first representations of Baroque architecture that appeared in Tirgu Mures during the 17th century. Today it hosts the Music School of the University of Theatrical Arts of Tirgu Mures.
- Tirgu Mures Fortress (Cetatea medievala) – representative for a medieval type military architecture. Don’t miss the towers and a walk along the walls.
Old Prefecture Building (Cladirea Vechii Prefecturi on 5 Bolyai Street), St. Michael Wooden Orthodox Church (Bisercia din Lemn Sf. Arhanghel Mihai on 13 A Saguna Street), Teleki Library (Bibiloteca Teleki on 17 Bolyai Street).
Daytrips around Tirgu Mures:
- Sighisoara – the most beautiful medieval town in Romania and the former house of Vlad Tepes also known as Dracula.
- Biertan - the home to one of the largest and most impressive medieval strongholds in Transylvania. Along with Sighisoara, this medieval village is an important tourist attraction in Transylvania.
- Salina Turda – the most amazing salt mine in Romania and a popular tourist attraction. During the whole year, the temperature inside the salt mine remains constant at a 10–12 °C (50–54 °F).
- Others: Jidvey Winery, Medias, Sachiz, Cluj Napoca, Reghin, Turda.
Why hire a car in Tirgu Mures:
After two or three days staying here, Tirgu Mures is a good starting point to make a roadtrip throughout Transylvania. Therefore, drive your rental car from Tirgu Mures and visit the other amazing towns from the heart of Romania: Sighisoara, Brasov, Sibiu and Cluj Napoca and some more. Enjoy Transylvania and feel its rythm.
Rent a car in Tirgu Mures:
Budget office address: Tirgu Mures Airport
Phone: 0040 21 210.28.67
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org